The Foundation raises funds to assist partner organizations that provide essential services supporting the health, independence and dignity of the Amherst aging community.
Over the past 20 years, the AGF has provided:
- Wiring to the Amherst Senior Center with free Wi-Fi access for members throughout the building
- New Computer Lab at the Amherst Senior Center that features six computer stations and free Wi-Fi access, allowing additional members to bring in their own laptops and tablets to help others learn computer basics
- Expansion of the Senior Center Gift Shop, offering more room for members to shop, while enjoying a wider selection of merchandise
- Three new vans for Amherst Senior Transportation Services, helping countless older adults get to and from the Center and medical appointments
- Financial support for Amherst Meals on Wheels to help more older adults in need to receive daily nutritional meals
- $20,000 grant for the Amherst Senior Center to purchase exercise equipment for new Wellness Room
- Funding for Youths Engaged in Service (YES) to provide services to seniors for home chores like leaf raking, shoveling, etc.